The concept of the Village Network is based on the members of a community helping one another. We welcome volunteers of all ages who would like to become involved with the Village Network of Petaluma. Volunteers do not need to be members of the Village, but members are encouraged to be volunteersand both often serve on our volunteer teams together.
There are no minimum time requirements and most of our positions are flexible. We have a number of volunteer opportunities, and volunteers are encouraged to choose an area that inspires them. It’s a great way to be of service and to make new friends at the same time.
Our volunteer jobs fall into two categories Direct Service and Organizational Service.
Direct Service Volunteers
Opportunities to serve on one of our Direct Service Teams include providing
- Transportation to medical appointments, prescription pick-up, and grocery shopping, and Village events. This is our most utilized service.
- Personalized information and referral assistance
- Help with computers and other electronic equipment
- Friendly Visit
ors for Members who enjoy an in-person, in-home connection
- Daily/weekly phone check-ins for Members who would like to connect by phone
- Occasional gardening
- Minor home repairs/fix-it chores
- Occasional pet walking/care
- Medical appointment note-taking/advocacy
- Home safety checks
- Resource development and assistance for family caregivers
We provide orientation training for all volunteers, do basic background checks, and also provide any
necessary specialized training.
Organizational Service Volunteers
Opportunities to serve on one of our Organizational Service Teams include contributing your skills to
- Plan and assist with some of our wonderful Village social events
- Work on our many programs – both development and logistics
- Conduct research on senior service resources
- Be a part of our Office Team
- Help manage our website and social media presence
- Write articles for our newsletter
- Serve as a Village Ambassador
- Help with our community outreach to other nonprofits and local businesses
- Assist with fund development to provide subsidized fees for members with lower incomes and strengthen our infrastructure
- Work on organizational development – strategic planning and policies
If you would like to learn more, please come to our next “Get To Know The Village” meeting
listed on the home page or contact Joanne Martin Braun, Volunteer and Member Manager, at
(707)776-6055 or email@example.com.